Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 28 13 5:07 AM

Tags : :

I am new here - and I joined just to write this post. .

I had an experience at Target on Friday.  I have only been couponing for about 4 months, and in no way do I consider myself an "extreme" couponer.

This story is really long, and I don't get to the "disjointed" part until the very end, so please bear with me.

*******************************************************************************************************************

As I begin to check out - I always tell the cashier that I have coupons for almost everything - so then maybe they will take a mental note of what I've purchased, so we don't have to dig back through the bags to find the item later.

The first snag, was that I had a coupon for -$3 off of 10 Weight Watcher meals... Now I don't normally purchase these, but my schedule is really hectic over the next few weeks, and I won't have the time to prepare meals ahead of time for my lunches - so I splurged. I counted 10. So, when I was checking out, the cashier told me I only had 9, so I needed to go back and grab another one to use my coupon. Grrr... I could have sworn that I counted correctly... It wasn't until I got home, I counted them again - and I had 11. So, I ran all the way to the back of the store for nothing. But I didn't know that then. Sigh.

Then I handed the cashier my coupons and she went nutso on me... She would only let me use ONE (yes 1) identical Target coupon. So, anything where I had purchased 2 items to use 2 of the same Target coupons... I had to put one back. Now, I did not do a TON of stuff like this, but I had a few items that I did want to purchase multiples of - and not excessive multiples... But, like - Sour Cream... I purchased 2 - I had 2 -50 cent coupons. We easily go through two containers of sour cream in any given 2 week period. But nope... She wouldn't let me use that second coupon, so I had to put one back. Same with the cheese... We use a TON of shredded cheese - so I had 6 in my cart - and 3 Target coupons (something like save $1 on 2)... Nope, I had to put 4 of those back.

In the end - there were several items in my cart, that I genuinely NEEDED - that had to be put back. I was very upset. And she was very rude to me... Up until this shopping trip, the policy was 4 identical coupons could be used.

Oh - and not only that... but while I was putting items back... There were several times I had to remind her to take off of my order... She was so "put back happy" that she just threw the items back into the bin, with out subtracting them from my order. When I got home, I discovered 2 more items that were on my receipt, which she put back but never took off. So, I paid for them, and didn't get them.

Since I will be in that area today, I am going back to that store, and I am getting refunded for those items, and I also plan to purchase all of the items she made me put back... because I needed those things.

The part that irritates me that most, is that I wasn't purchasing excessive amounts - you know? I could totally understand if I was clearing shelves... But 6 shredded cheeses, 2 sour creams, 2 Nivea lip butters, 2 half gallons of icecream, 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner... Out of all of that, I had to put back, 4 cheeses, 1 sour cream, 1 lip butter, 1 half gallon of icecream, 1 Campbells marinade mix, and more I can't remember off the top of my head. These are all items that realistically a family of 4 goes through in a 2 week time period, and that's what frustrates me the most, is that I couldn't even purchase the items on my list.

********************************************************************************************************************

Now, for the disjointed part...

We all know Target's coupon policy states:

Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
•Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
•We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
•Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
•All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
•Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
•Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
•We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
•All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
•These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, •Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).

On the bottom of each and every Target coupon in my binder - it states: Valid in store only. This coupon for use by original recipient only. Limit one coupon or offer per guest. Void if altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Item(s) may not be available in all stores. Not valid in Canada. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Coupon value may not exceed value of item purchased. No cash value.

So, Target's official coupon policy is a limit of 4 identical coupons. But the bottom of the coupon states that only one coupon offer per guest (note, it says "per guest" NOT "per transaction" - so does that mean if I have my kids with me, I can use 3 coupons?). So, were both of us right? And their policy needs to be clarified?

I am not sure what to do here? I am more than happy to write corporate. Because if they are now saying only one coupon per guest - as it states on the coupons themselves - then, why does my computer allow me to print 2? And secondly, why does their policy state 4? They need to fix something.

What would you do?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and give your opinion.  :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 28 13 7:47 AM

I believe the reference to a limit of 4 identical coupons is intended to mean manufacturer coupons.

The Target I shop at only allows one identical target coupon per transaction.  If there happens to be a printable and a mailer target coupon for the same item, I can use them together.

If you really need multiples of items, you should break it into two transactions to avoid problems. 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 29 13 1:07 AM

What you mention seems to be the ideal solution as far as this matter concerns. But it’s not easy to break it. It makes sense though!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

May 8 13 3:31 PM

I have found it varies greatly by cashier. The system itself accepts 4 target coupons without a problem( after 4 of either target q or mq it will have a red screen pop up that says limit of 4 had been reached) it's the cashier that can decide to accept it or not. I have had it go both ways. There are 2 managers at my target store one says you can use up to 4 and the other is really strict on the only 1 per person per day, not even transaction. It's a crap shoot cuz you don't know which cashier you will get and who was trained by whom. I just put what I want in my cart and if they don't take the coupons they can put it back!!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 9 13 10:15 AM

It really depends on who you get for a cashier. There is a girl I go to when I shop there every time she works because she is a couponer & her & I will always chat about couponing & such & she takes all my coupons. She even gives me like 4 bag credits for this one reusable bag I have because it's a HUGE reusable Ikea bag. I'm really careful with who I go to for checking out. I will look at each cashier I go past & decide if I should go to them or not.

B-day: 6/17 -- ISO - Coke, Juice, Shredded Cheese, Lunch Meat, Pantene, Axe, Dove, Gatorade, Powerade, Meat Qs! My Coke Rewards Codes!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 27 14 11:44 AM

Target coupon policy

It is frustrating that you can only use one Target coupon, even whey you are buying two of the same item.  On rare occassions, the Target coupons will say "Limit one manufacturer and one Target coupon per item.  Limit of 4 identical coupons per household per day."  The current Target coupon for 75 cents off Dove Women Item is like that.  So, I could buy two women's Dove deodorants, use two manufacturer coupons for $1 off and two Target coupons for 75 cents off for a total of $3.50 off the two deodorants.    However, most are as you noted, "Limit one coupon or offer per guest."  So I can buy 4 boxes of Nestle Dumsticks ice cream novelties and use 4 manufacturer coupons of 50 cents off a box, but only one Target coupon for 75 cents off a box. for a total of $2.75 off the four boxes.   If it is something I really like and use, I usually just go back a second time in the week to use the other Target coupon.  I'm sure some would frown on that but they do allow you to print two coupons so I make two trips to use both of them on a really good deal.   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help